Eric C. Thibodeaux
1201 Louisiana St. | Suite 1000
Houston, Texas 77002
713.737.8222 | (Fax) 713.528.0877
Eric represents upstream and midstream energy companies in a variety of transactional matters. His practice focuses on the purchase, sale and leasing of producing and nonproducing oil and gas assets, with an emphasis on title examination. He has represented multiple Fortune 500 companies and startups in a variety of conventional and unconventional plays throughout the country.
Eric has authored and reviewed more than a hundred title opinions and manages internal quality control mechanisms in connection with title examination. He regularly works with clients to assist with curative efforts before and after acquisitions and development.
Prior to joining the firm, Eric worked as a law clerk in the corporate legal department of Nabi Biopharmaceuticals in Rockville, Maryland and the litigation firm of Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Sorrels, Agosto and Friend in Houston, Texas.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Environment, Energy, and Natural Resources Law Section, American Bar Association
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Section, State Bar of Texas
- Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section, Houston Bar Association
- Central Houston Chapter, Coastal Conservation Association
- Young Professionals in Energy, Houston Chapter
- Houston Young Lawyers Association